Circular Saw Information
What is a circular saw?
According to Wikipedia, “A circular saw is a power-saw using a toothed or abrasive disc or blade to cut different materials using a rotary motion spinning around an arbor. A hole saw and ring saw also use a rotary motion but are different from a circular saw. Circular saws may also be loosely used for the blade itself. Circular saws were invented in the late 18th century and were in common use in sawmills in the United States by the middle of the 19th century.”
Who makes the best circular saws?
The best circular saw’s according to an article published by Cordless Drill Hub, are as follows:
- DEWALT DCS575B FLEXVOLT 60V MAX Lithium-Ion Brushless 7 1/4″ Circular Saw
- WORX WORXSAW 4-1/2″ Compact Circular Saw – WX429L
- Skil 5280 15 Amp Circular Saw
- TACKLIFE TCS115A Circular Saw
- Makita 5007MG Magnesium 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw
- DeWalt DCS570B Cordless Circular Saw
- Rockwell RK3440K Versacut 4.0 Amp Ultra-Compact Circular Saw with Laser Guide
Where can I find the safety procedures for Circular Saws?
Safety Culture which was founded in 2004 and describes itself as one of Australia’s “leading providers of Occupational Health and Safety services” provides a manual on safety operating procedures.